Sunday 4 December 2011

A Strange Day In Edinburgh

The first day of snow in Edinburgh, and it's really cold. The city does look cute in the blanket of white, this time last year the city ground to a standstill for around 3 weeks due to snow. I wonder if this is the start again this year.

Last night/this morning was rather noisy where I live. My flat is in a tenement, tenements where built in the late 1800's and have large internal stairs connecting the 9 flats, which act as huge echo chambers. My next door neighbour decided to ask loads of very drunk and noisy friends round at around 2am. For some strange reason they all wanted to shout in the stair, someone called the police around 4am to get them removed. For a strange reason I was very tired last night, but couldn't sleep because of the noise. In my old days I would have been out throwing the people out, now I get frightened. You just never know what could happen at the time or in the future, 2 years ago my car was vandalised, was it because I'm trans, I will never know.

Another strange thing is happening in Edinburgh today, as a city we are being given 2 pandas from China.

Tian Tian and Yang Guang have made their journey from China in perspex cages on board a special chartered flight. It's the first time in 17 years the UK has had pandas. In the press reports the red carpet was out, pipe bands and leaders of government where all in attendance at Edinburgh Airport earlier. I hope we didn't frighten them with the pipes.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is proof that I need to get out more. I didn't even realise it was snowing!

    ReplyDelete